Sunday, November 9, 2014

That's a Wrap!

It's only November but my mind is on Christmas.... not hard to do since  ALL the stores have their Christmas decorations and signage out in full force! Plus my little elementary kids are practicing all their Christmas songs on recorder, flute and saxophone. (yes, there's a lot of noise in our house!)

One thing I enjoy is getting a good deal, which is why I love Target Clearance, which at times will eventually reach 70% and even 90% for certain seasonal products. After Halloween I purchased a bunch of stuff for 70 and 90% off, keeping in mind stuff that didn't necessarily scream "halloween". I picked up lots of stuff for lunch box snacks, like goldfish crackers in small portion packs, and pretzels. I did buy a few bags of candy, thinking it would still be quite fine to consume at Christmastime for the kids' to put in treat bags for their classmates.

In the dollar /three dollar spot I saw a few large glitter pails. There were 2 colors left - glitter white and glitter green. I thought they could also be Christmas colors and so I picked up four of each color. Regular price was 3 dollars a pail but since it was after halloween they rang up 90 cents each. I picked up some cellophane at Michaels with a 50% off coupon and thought I'd perhaps decorate the pail in some way. But then I went to the dollar store and picked up a little red plush Santa hat, hoping I could use it in some way.

Surprise! It fit perfectly on the pail (with a little tugging!). Once I put the handle up on the pail, it perfectly held the hat in a cute position. I am still trying to figure out if I want to leave it like it is or use embellishments to make a frosty the snowman face or other similar feature. The hat also fit on the green glitter pails.... looks like the Grinch!

Here's a photo of the pail with the dollar store hat on it. I think it looks adorable and would make a fun alternative to wrapping paper or gift bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment