Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mercy-seated

"Lord, have mercy on me, the sinner."

This week the story of the tax collector and the pharisee has been in my mind Luke 18). Issues of comparing, constant effort and straining to find my own worth and righteousness in my self and my efforts instead of in Christ and what he has already done; what only He can do, in fact.

Amid the newfound sense of freedom, there is also guilt and struggle. It is hard to reorient yourself after so many years. It is hard to stop comparing and striving. It is hard to trust and rest.

If I'm terribly honest, I'd say that I'm even failing at this seemingly simple task. Sometimes it feels I am drowning in all this self-created effort.


2 comments:

  1. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
    I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.

    The design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon.
    Many thanks
    My web-site :: click through the up coming website page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old
    daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!
    My web page :: need a remodeling in winter garden florida

    ReplyDelete