Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Heaven is for Real



I'm a skeptic and not sure why I agreed to read Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo, but since it is a bestseller that all my friends are raving about, I did and have to admit, that it is a sweet story. Do I take it as a "true" story? Not sure..... it's hard to believe a four year old would talk in the manner that he did; seems so grown up!

While I don't agree with this being full of "theological truth" I can see why it'd be a comfort to many and yet, I have to wonder why Scripture isn't comforting or informative enough? Do we really need to hear about others' experiences to bolster our faith and give us assurance that Heaven and our faith is real? This concerns me deeply.

Still a sweet story and I can see its appeal.

I was given a copy of this book by Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program and was not required to write a positive review

No comments:

Post a Comment