Friday, May 13, 2011

Our Last Great Hope

I was fortunate enough to review Our Last Great Hope by Ronnie Floyd. Everyone knows the Great Commission, and this author is passionate about evangelism. This book is a call to living al life worthy of our calling and to become missionaries to our community and world. But not out of legalism or a set of rules. He writes: "... I didn't realize the difference between devotion to His work and devotion to Him. I found that quite thought-provoking. Another quote I enjoyed is "To know Christ is to love him. To love him is to share Him."

How sobering and yet how true is that? And yet..... how are we doing at sharing Him with those around us?

More than just a commentary on our culture, the author attempts to spur people to action in the cause of evangelism. At times, I do admit to feeling a bit guilty, but his points were all well taken and his passion for the lost and motivating folks to reach the lost is commendable.

I was given a courtesy copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for a review. All views and opinions articulated are my own. I did not pledge a positive evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment