Thursday, May 5, 2011

Like Old Times

When I was in jr. high and high school I loved going to conferences like Dawson MacAllister, and all the Christian concerts at our local theme park. I couldn't wait for these events. I also loved drama tours, retreats, camping trips, I loved being in a group of people that I was familiar with.

The funny thing is that I'm a complete introvert and yet, I loved this stuff.

I think I'm more timid and introverted now than I was back then and I can't figure out what is so radicaly different. Is it that I didn't care about perception then? And isn't that ironic because aren't teenagers hyper sensitive to perception then? Perhaps I just didn't realize what a goofball I was?

Not sure but I do know that today things and larger groups are harder for me.

Yet I still love conferences, and right now I'm so excited to be signed up for several in the upcoming months. One is called Ignite and it features teaching from D.A. Carson, Mark Driscoll, Matt Chandler and others. I've never heard these folks live, though I've listened online and have read books by 2 of them. I also have tickets for another conference and 2 concerts! One is U2, the other is David Crowder with Gungor and John Mark McMillan.

Oh, I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment