Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Irresponsibility

Many of my friends know this: I love the internet, love my mac, love all this stuff. I enjoy reading blogs, discovering new points of view, new books to read, things to contemplate on. I know it's a bit of a waste of time yet I just love it. There's so much insight, things to glean from the internet and in some ways I also enjoy writing out my own thoughts.

Lately though, I've not been very happy with my own thoughts. Yet still I persist in writing.

I truly read too much; too many books, blogs, magazines, even cereal boxes. I'm not sure it's a good thing because I know that there are other responsibilities that I ignore so I can read a book instead. (it's not a good thing)

Yet most people think it's so good and wonderful that I read so much. (not so much the constantly being online, of course, but what's really the difference?)

How about you? Do you enjoy something that seems to others as a good indulgence but perhaps it's not so wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment