Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pray With Me!

My friends and church are going to Togo, West Africa tomorrow and will be there for 9 days. They're braver than I, as even before setting foot on the airplane they've done so much work and endured much sacrifice already! Those that really know me know my extreme dislike and fear of needles, and this group has had many vaccinations, so already I am in extreme awe of them. Plus, the sacrifice of their families, as I know some of the team members are leaving their husbands, kids, taking time off their jobs, to go and love the people of Togo. It's not just THEIR sacrifice; it's a sacrifice and a support of their families too.

My friend Maxine is going and I love her heart for others and "the least of these." I can't think of a more appropriate, more loving person to go! Her love for others in evident in all things, from the way she talks to a small child, to the homeless man in front of the supermarket. You can read about her heart and her trip on her BLOG , Stories With Little Margo. She hopes to blog as much as she can during this trip, as does my pastor and perhaps even others. I'll have to find out.

I'm just so excited for them. Initially I wasn't but as I began putting a gift together for the child I sponsor through Compassion International that they'll be delivering and as I heard more about the trip and how the intention is to be more than just a short term, touristy type of mission but a true relationship with this group of people, I am now much more excited.

Please join me in praying for the next 9 days. Not just for their protection and for them, but that they'll be a true loving impact with this group that are the least of these. I know that their life will be changed as well as the lives of those they come in contact with...... Sharing God's love in action. Love that is on the move. Love that truly changes people.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Becca and I work with Compassion International. I was doing some research recently and I came across your site, http://illustrated-queries.blogspot.com and enjoyed reading your blog. It is obvious that you have a passion for books and reading. It is also obvious that you have a love for the scriptures and applying them into your life. Thank you for being so diligent to writing your thoughts on life, books, God and the Bible. It is a blessing to read.

    Also, I wanted to thank you for adding Compassion to the “Pray with me” section on your blog. This is a terrific way to help spread the word about Compassion and encourage others to help children living in poverty.

    Do you think it would be possible for you to add a Compassion banner on your site? If so, our banner and widget creative is available at the link below.

    http://share-compassion.org/banners/

    Thank you for your efforts to help release children from poverty in Jesus’ name!

    If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact me.

    May God richly bless you,

    Becca Brickey
    Compassion International
    bbrickey@us.ci.org

    ReplyDelete