Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful

This weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving, and I am truly thankful. As we sat around the table on Thursday, we were asked to say what we were thankful for, and it struck me that most of what was stated was stuff. One young 8 year old (not mine) mentioned he was thankful for money.... that we were able to buy cool stuff and have food and toys and all that.

I thought I was pretty good, being thankful for family, but I realized a bit later that, though it sounded good, that perhaps I also was missing what was truly important?

It is so easy to be thankful for things and circumstances, yet miss the Giver of these special gifts and blessings.

I don't want to ever forget the Who behind all the gifts. I want to be thankful towards God, not just for His goodness and all He bestows on me, but thankful for who He is. Always.

May I learn to be content in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment