Sunday, April 4, 2010

U2



I'm so glad that I attended the Pasadena U2 360 Tour because it looks like I will not be seeing them in 2010.

Of course, I want Bono to recover completely but, selfishly, I am so disappointed. I bought my tickets at the beginning of November 2009, just days after I attended the Pasadena concert. I purchased advanced sale general admission tickets. I've always wanted to be on the general admission floor. It always seems to be the most exciting, energetic spot, yet the only concert I've been up close to was Toad the Wet Sprocket. (a long time ago!)

Add to that I was going with some of my favorite people: My husband (of course!) my friend Ellyn, who has traveled even to Seattle to visit me and attend a U2 concert there, and I think I've gone to every U2 concert with her since I was in high school. My friend Robby, another person I've known forever and his wife Dena. Add to that a few new friends and my jr. high youth pastor and his wife who I've not seen in years and years!

All this to say: I've been counting down the days until this concert, and now it is postponed until 2011.

I'm sad. But grateful I journeyed to Pasadena, and happy that their concert tour DVD comes out very soon. (June 3rd)

No comments:

Post a Comment