Thursday, April 8, 2010

You Were On The Cross



Several months ago I was lucky enough to be one of the first 20 commenters on a Randy Elrod's blog to "win" a pre-release CD of Matt Maher's Alive Again I received it, really enjoyed it, especially Christ Is Risen.

However, during my church's Good Friday service, they played the video I posted above. And I fell in love even more with You Were On The Cross. The CD is good but some songs are really amazing; the words paint pictures and further contemplation. I love that in music.

Paired with this video which highlights photos of the Passion of Christ, it is not the easiest of videos to watch (and I'm certainly grateful my church had childcare that night for preschoolers) yet it really heightened my understanding of Good Friday, the cross and the resurrection. I hope it does for you as well. For a better picture, double click on the video and you can see it larger in YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment