Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Rain....



I like the rain but even I am beginning to tire of it.

I still can't complain, though. I know this month has brought heavy rainfall to many cities, many resulting in flooding. In fact, just this month Nashville experienced a horrible flood and many people, churches, are still helping with the clean-up and assistance. I loved seeing on Facebook some church members there opening up their homes, not only to their church community affected by the flood, but also to anyone affected.

Just beautiful.

There's no flooding here, but I'm tired of the rain. It is nearing the end of May and we've had quite a few days of rain and more is forecasted this week!

This is the reason we left Seattle over 12 years ago!

I know I should be thankful for the rain, and I'm glad that this rain is manageable and hasn't resulted in much damage or loss of life, but on a selfish note, I'm really ready for summer. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather, bbq, picnics, summer activities, swimming, etc.

What are you looking forward to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment