Saturday, February 20, 2010
These Are A Few (Of My Favorite Things)
I am infinitely curious as to what books people read, and what constitutes as being their "favorite" and why. It's hard not to judge, as I think one's favorite books can reveal a lot about a person.
But is is accurate and fair to judge that way? I'm not so sure! I know I read a wide amount of books. To base what I think or believe on what I'm reading currently would definitely misrepresent me! Some books I'll read even knowing I won't agree with them, yet I glean more understand, perhaps even different perspective
Since I love so many books, it's truly difficult to pinpoint the books that are my favorites, but here is a small list that I can think of off the top of my head.
1. C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. A must-read staple in my opinion. (as is several of his others books)
2. Crazy Love by Frances Chan. A very convicting, thought-provoking book!
3. Forgotten God by Frances Chan. I think I like Chan. This one is on the Holy Spirit.
4. How Should We Then Live? by Frances Schaeffer. Wow. But a book you'll need to read at least twice!
5. On The Incarnation by St. Athanasius. Because I read it at Christmastime and it blew me away. (FREE online version HERE )
6. Desiring God by John Piper. Because everyone needs to read at least once John Piper book and this is a great one!
7. The Call by Os Guinness. Guinness is brilliant and this is a book to be read and re-read again and again.
8. Adopted For Life by Russell Moore. For some reason, I just really enjoyed this book.
9. Reason For God by Timothy Keller. Also The Prodigal God and Counterfeit Gods.
10. Uncompromised Faith: Overcoming Our Culturalized Christianity by S. Michael Craven
Oh, I know I have to re-organize my bookcase, and I do realize this list is all Christian Non-FIction. I read fiction and non-Christian books too. But that is another list.....
Posted by victoria at 2/20/2010 03:00:00 PM