Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stuck In My Head

It has taken me many months to post this, almost against my better judgment. It makes a sharp point, perhaps too sharp? When I first viewed this a few months ago it was sent to me by this guy, who also blogged about it. He is very insightful and his post is worth reading.

I watched the video and immediately after really wished I did not. It was tough to watch. It disturbed me. If only I could get some of the horrid images out of my mind! And yet, I liked the video and song. I liked the "Screwtapish" feel it had to us, the perspective it presents.

So..... I'm posting this version on my blog BUT I'm warning you: it is not easy to watch and you may not thank me afterwards. There is a "nicer" version that Chris posts on his blog HERE. I'm posting the words too, so you can at least read it if you don't want to look at the video.

(of course, if you are like me and someone told you or warned you not to watch...... it is a good chance I'll watch it!! I'm so rebellious)


I’ve been here since the beginning
Know exactly how you work
I know all of your cravings
Know what makes you go berserk
Been lying from the start just to make you play a party in my infinite rebellion against the Father God
Hate
Everything he is
And I make you hate him too
Make you hate him with your actions it’s so easy for me to do
‘Cause you like it…
Sin feels good for the ego…
You love it…
Oh, come on baby
And all the time, I’m winding you up
Like my perfect little puppet, you’re my favorite robot, welcome to the show but I’m watching you and all of hell is with me too, helping me make my lies look true
Oh and there is a lie that works for everyone, everyone
A lie that opens your hearts so I can get me some more of your free will
I’m winding you
Winding you
Give me the control that’s why I’m telling you
Selling you
Anything
Everything
Appealing to your human way of being and I use it all against you to just keep your eyes from seeing past the life you’re living
Past the moment you’re in
Past the pleasure of your sin
Or the cigarette you’re smoking
Choking on your lust
I’ll make you drunk with pride
So deeply spun into my system that you won’t see the light
Never mind that I’m drowning you
I keep deceiving you…
‘Cuz I don’t tell you
That God in heaven
Who loves you
Who yearns for you
I don’t tell you
That the freedom of forgiveness and truth
Why would I tell you?
Why would I tell you the truth?
But I’ll say that millions of years ago an accident exploded
And you’re the result of this cosmic unknown with no real purpose
Created for no real intent
The reason for your living is just coincidence
So all the remains is what you can gain
Whatever meaning you attach to your days you decide
Mmm, but I help you recognize important things in life
Introducing money, it’s the root of all, evil they say so
I attach yourself worth to the salary you’re paid, be a slave to your property
Your jewelry
Your cars and things
Advertise that lie up on the TV so you’ll want that bling
Selling bit by bit the little pieces of your soul
Climbing up the ladder of economic control
Oh, the greed of man makes it so easy to pervert the Father’s plan
Or I’ll tell you…
There is a heaven but there’s many ways to get in
Keep you so confused that you stay bound to your sin
Tell you there are many ways to the same God
Keep you distracted with your methods so your heart stays hard,
I’ll make you think you’ve got spirituality, but it’s really just emotional alchemy
Oh, the vanity of self-idoltary I never let you see that it breeds
Hedonism! Whoo!
And it’s the answer of this generation
Come on, drink it, snort it, smoke it, swallow it
Chew on my illusion of freedom till you vomit it
And still I don’t tell you
That God in heaven
Who loves you
Who yearns for you
I don’t tell you
That the freedom of forgiveness and truth
Why would I tell you?
Why would I tell you the truth?

(Thanks Chris for the video and the words!)

No comments:

Post a Comment