Saturday, August 29, 2009

Articulation


My 9 year old loves to talk, has a very expressive vocabulary and has ever since he could talk. He uses words that he hears in books and conversations that most 9 year old boys don't use. Yesterday was a very hot day and as my neighbor friend and my kids and I were walking home from school Conor remarked that it was a sweltering day. My neighbor turned to me and laughed as I informed Conor that in other areas this weather would be considered mild. Still, he persisted to use the word "sweltering". He's been impressive in speech since he was 4 years old which is pretty good since he did not even really start talking until he was three and a half!

I, on the other hand, am not articulate and most times don't quite annunciate my words quite right. (I suppose 6 years of speech therapy was not enough!) Ironically there must have been a time that I could speak clearly because I was very involved in drama in my church, school and community. But these days it's almost hopeless.

I bring all this up to ask a simple question: What is the gospel message? If someone were to ask you why they should believe in God what would you say? I had an interesting conversation a few months ago with a friend about this.

So, tell me: Why should your friends become Christ followers? Let's articulate what it means to be a Christ follower and why a sane, reasonable person should become a Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment