Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beautiful or Ugly?




My husband and his brother are prepping our house for painting. While they were at it they tore out a bush that always looks really awful yet never actually dies.

We must've disturbed this big guy's home.



He's a Green June Bug, according to one internet site. He's big, about 2 inches, and flies, but can't maneuver well so he bumps into EVERYTHING. At first I really did not like him, but as I looked more closely I saw that he's beautiful. The pictures don't do him justice; he's metallic green! Simply gorgeous. He makes a loud sound while flying. As you can see he fell on his back and had a hard time getting back to flying position. I had the perfect opportunity to squash him (like a bug!) but chose to let him live.



He's green after all. And pretty. At least in my opinion. Just don't ask me to touch him or let him inside the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment