Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sucker for Stripes


I seldom buy new clothes for myself, for the simple fact that nothing looks good on me. Maybe if I lost 20 pounds it would look acceptable but as it is now, It is no joy shopping for clothes for me. Besides, I'm a no make-up, jeans and tee shirt type.

One thing I absolutely do enjoy is shopping for my little girl. It's so fun; the options are endless and adorable. She's at a super cute age, all twirly skirts and ribbons and bows. I love it. I love the change of seasons chiefly for the change of wardrobe. It's fun.

There is one thing I'm a complete sucker for: Tights. I love tights! Polka dots, stripes, floral, animal print, pointelle, cable, plain, etc. Oh my! I don't even wish to reveal how many pairs of tights my child has! It's scary! But it's cute. Today she wore a black tutu style skirt, an orange Hallowe'en tee, and wonderful, thick, glorious black and orange striped tights! Trust me; the tights made the outfit!

Needless to say, she was the only one in her class dressed up for this important class field trip to the pumpkin patch. Oh, it was so cute! But what was really even cuter was simply her. Even without the cute clothes she's fun and outgoing and just a wonderful, sweet, happy, darling child. I enjoyed the glimpse into her classroom dynamic today, watching her interact with all her many friends. I'm so happy that she is so loved by her peers, but I'm also scared of the inevitable that lies ahead: of disappointment, hurt and difficult choices. She's tough and fun and very loving and I hope that always remains a part of her. Joy, laughter, and an excitement for life.

Regardless of what you think I still enjoy a bit of indulging her in cuteness. I know that it won't be long before she'll balk at wearing what I want her to wear, so I'm taking advantage of this time now.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about protecting their joy and zest for life. I am not sure how to do it myself, but have endeavored to commit to try. I am guessing it will involve a consistent listening ear, lots of hugs, some candy, and fun to ballance the serious side of life. So that will be part of my goal. We only have three pairs of tights, and I can't wait to see margo wearing them. It has just been a little too hot lately.

    ReplyDelete