Thursday, October 14, 2010

Not Born to Run

I don't like to run. I've never enjoyed running and I seriously know I can't even run a mile and wonder when (and if) I ever could! Seriously, running hurts.

Tonight I attempted to go swimming but the lanes were filled and I'm not good enough to try to share a lane, so I went upstairs to the dreadmill. (my pet name for the treadmill) Started off at a fast walk and was listening to a fave U2 song that was a bit rock-ier and I thought I'd try to run. So, I ran about a half a mile at a snail pace of 13.57 seconds and realized my heart rate was at 170!

Why so high?

Even when I reduced it back to walking it was close to 150. I don't get it. I guess I'm really, really out of shape! I have my work cut out for me.

One thing I realized is that I hurt when I run. My foot, my calves, my lower leg bones, it all HURTS and I wonder if it is partly because I'm not relaxed. I don't know how to relax. Even while driving I'll all of the sudden notice that I'm gripping the steering wheel tightly, for no reason.

I still never got to swim, the lanes were still full even at 10:10 at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment