Friday, September 17, 2010

Autumn!


Today the kids have no school and the weather is quite still and unremarkable. The day is grey so far and not altogether cold, just very still, with a feel of moisture in the air. So pleasant is it that my cat who craves being indoor is sleeping contentedly outside. Or maybe the cat knows there is no rest to be had indoors with 3 children romping about!

Smart cat.

It feels like Autumn, and I am enjoying it. I almost wish I liked coffee because it seems like a warm-drink kind of day and hot chocolate seems to have too many calories I'd curl up with a good book by the fire, but the room with the fireplace currently has no flooring in it, it is down to the ugly plywood and there's not a single piece of furniture present, so instead I'm in the front room and am amazed by the Quiet and enjoying the new flooring and freshly painted walls.

I'm looking forward to the cooler weather and visits to the pumpkin patch. With our newly remodeled rooms (we tore down a whole wall that separated the living room/dining room area from the kitchen) I'm excited about Halloween and Christmas.

Today is a perfect day to take photos, and I wish the pumpkin patches were open already but I must wait a week or two and I'm still contemplating which costume Katie will wear this year; she has so many that fit her.

I know this is a rambling post with no point, but I'm actually enjoying it. The silence. The weather, The possibilities and promises that the seasons bring.

I'm hoping that you have your fill of the delights of this season! Whether it be a child's laughter at the pumpkin patch, or a pumpkin spiced latte, may you enjoy these special days to its fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment