Friday, September 3, 2010

Hunt


I've always enjoyed shopping for bargains. Perhaps it is just that I'm cheap and loathe paying full price. Or perhaps I just enjoy the excitement and fun of finding a bargain. In a way it is a bit like a treasure hunt, and who doesn't love a good treasure hunt?

The drawback to this hobby is that I find and buy things that I really don't need. I'm beginning to realize that a couple dozen cute outfits hanging in a closet really is of no good if she has so many clothes she can't wear them all, no matter how cute or how cheap I purchased them.

Plus, the excitement fades so quickly. It feels so amazing in the store, but once home, it fails to satisfy. I really haven't been out shopping in a very long time, but this week I've had a taste of freedom since the kids were in school and David back to work, so I ventured on Monday to the mall. Nothing at Target. Nothing at Gap. Got a few things at The Children's Place but the place with the best deals for me was one of my favorites: Gymboree. They were having a storewide sale of 30% off PLUS I had a 20% coupon.

I love a good sale! I bought Katie a Halloween costume but will probably return it since I couldn't find the tights and because she has a ladybug and butterfly costume from last year.

Today I went to the Pearl Izumi outlet since they sent me an email advertising an additional 20% off all previously marked down items. Lately I've been having so much luck with their women's clearance. Now that I'm "in training" with my friend for a sprint triathlon, I decided it was a good time to get some clothes. The women's stuff seems to be marked down a lot more than the men's. I bought a few pairs of running shorts normally priced 30 for about 8 dollars, some for only 6. I purchased a running shirt for myself and a friend for 5.99 and a pair of cycling gloves, normally 30 down to 12.

Then I bought a jacket for 30 that normally is 160, cycling shorts for 20 and a really nicer pair for 40. (normally is is 120
....they are really nice!), cycling jerseys for 11, and a few pairs of socks for 5. I also bought a few men's cycling shorts for David because he rides so often his tend to begin to wear out.

I was quite happy with my "treasure hunt" today, but hopefully I'm done "hunting"..... I really cant' afford to do this all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment