Sunday, September 5, 2010

Silliness



I have a startling confession to make: I eat McDonald's Happy Meals. Well, not all the time. It depends on what toy is in them. Right now it is my favorite toy: little cheap Madame Alexander dolls. I don't know why I like them so much, but I do. Or maybe its just my nature to be obsessed and collect things? Not sure.

I do believe I've been collecting these things for over 5 years now. This year there are eight dolls in the series: Hansel and Gretel, Red Riding Hood and the Wolf dressed up as Grandma, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. They are really cute, though I know they are worthless junk toys. Still, Katie loves to play with them and I was obsessed to gather the whole collection! It has taken me two weeks and I've finally accomplished it.

During those two weeks I noticed a change. Happy Meals now contain "mini fries"...a very petite serving of french fries along with apple dippers and the usual hamburger, cheeseburger or chicken mcnuggets. I've discovered that I really don't miss the larger order of fries, but had they be in my happy meal box, I'd eat the whole thing. All I really need though, is a taste, so I'm quite happy with the meal. Before the "mini fries" I had plotted out that the fries were about 230 calories and if I ate the patty only it was 90 calories. Now with the mini fries, I'm guessing the calories from french fries are half that amount, if not more!

Doesn't really matter; in another couple of days the next toy promotion will begin and I won't feel like I need to buy a happy meal!

PS. Photo taken with my iPhone.... I was lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment