Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Called To Worship -Book Review


I recently finished a good sized book titled Called to Worship by Vernon M. Whaley. It's subtitle is "The Biblical Foundations of Our Response to God's Call" I found this book to be quite thorough, as it addressed the meaning of worship, different style of worship, and if our response to worship truly Biblical. In this book he uses scripture in nearly every book of the Bible to back up his assertions!

I enjoyed this book but at times found his conclusions a bit forced. Still it was an interesting overview of an important subject matter and despite it's thoroughness it was interesting and entertaining to read. At times it made me re-think certain parts of scripture and I enjoy that. I'm not sure this is a book a casual reader would pick up unless they had quite an interest in the subject of worship, but even if they did I think they'd find it intriguing and a worthy book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment